The Dallas-Fort Worth Turnpike connecting downtown Fort Worth to downtown Dallas opened to traffic on August 27, 1957, and was officially dedicated
on September 6, 1957. Tolls were removed on January 1, 1978. Reconstruction from downtown Dallas to 19th Street in Grand Prairie has been in progress
in the 2000-2007 period, and of this writing in October 2007 the work in progress is nearly complete.
The complete history of the Dallas-Fort Worth Turnpike and Interstate 30 will be added in the future.