Page last updated or reviewed: Created June 4, 2009. Last updated June 1, 2015 (review and update captions).
This undated view of the Dallas North Tollway looking north at Texas 121 appears to have been taken in the late 1990s. The interchange footprint was expanded in a project in the early 2000s, and the tollway main lanes over Texas 121 opened in 2004. A five-level interchange was completed in November 2011. This location became a favored area for corporate relocations in the 2010s, with Toyota USA, Fedex Office and Liberty Mutual insurance all building major offices as of 2015.
(Photo date: photo courtesy of the North Texas Turnpike Authority.)
Addison Airport was officially opened on October 18, 1957, and a half-mile west of the present-day Dallas North Tollway. This report is from Dallas magazine.
This advertisement for Addison Airport appeared in Dallas magazine in November 1959.