Page last updated or reviewed: June 1, 2015 (review only)
Small Thumbnails
Large Thumbnails
Full Size
Click on individual images to expand and collapse thumbnails. Captions and photo dates are shown with full size images.
High resolution The four-lane divided highway from US 80 in east Dallas to Rockwall was dedicated in a large ceremony on July 26, 1951. This article is from the August 1951 issue of Dallas magazine.
This advertisement in the August 1951 issue of Dallas magazine features an aerial view on the newly completed highway.